1. Read 100 books in 2014. (Click here to check out my Goodreads reading challenge!)
2. Read at least half of the books on my Top Ten Tuesday: Most Popular Authors I’ve Never Read list. I was surprised at how quickly I managed to compile a list of popular authors I’ve never read, and this year, I really want to make a dent in it.
3. Read some more Australian authors! For an Aussie, I don’t read that many books written by Australians, so this year I’ll make an effort to actually seek out some of these authors and read there books. Any suggestions? Let me know below.
4. Don’t judge a book by its cover. I’m guilty of this one. Sometimes I’ll put a book back on the shelf if the cover doesn’t even appeal to me. Most of the time I haven’t even bothered to see what the blurb offers, so this year, I am going to try and push those barriers down, because I’m sure I’ve been missing out on some great reads.
5. Read some more LGBT fiction. I’ve read a few books that deal with gay characters — but nothing has really wowed me yet. Comment below with any recommendations!
6. Read some more self published fiction. I feel like I neglect it! My main reason for not reading much is because I don’t like to read on screens — I much prefer actual books — but I know that there must be some amazing reads out there which I haven’t read.
7. Gain some more followers! This year, I’m only just beginning to have an active blog schedule, and I’ve already notice a slight raise in followers. I’m going to take it slowly, though, and aim for fifty by the end of the year.
8. Review more of the books I read. I used to review none, so what I’m doing now is an improvement on that, but eventually I’d love to get to the stage where I’m reviewing every book I read.
9. Interview an author on my blog. How cool would that be??
10. Aim to read a wide range of genres. I kind of already do this, but I notice that sometimes I do tend to neglect some genres that aren’t fantasy-based.
That’s all for today on my bookish bucket list. Link me to your Top Ten Tuesday below!