So far, this book has been pretty ‘meh’ in terms of the top books I’ve read, but here were my favourites I’ve read so far this year. As you might have noticed, quite a few of these books have featured on many previous lists… but I haven’t really read all that many amazing books this year.
1. A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin. I cannot express to you how much I love this series! Intrigue, adventure, and betrayal, these novels had everything I look for in a high fantasy novel. (It also has dragons. An immediate ‘favourite’ in my books — no pun intended.)
2. Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes. Pretty much A Game of Thrones aimed at teenagers — lacked the worldbuilding, characterization, and depth that Martin wove into his story, however, I still enjoyed this very much. If you’re looking for an enjoyable high fantasy, I would recommend this book.
3. Secret by Brigid Kemmerer. Really enjoyed this one; I especially liked Tyler’s character development.
4. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. Bizarre, weird, and I loved it.
5. The Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I loved the light, fluffy feeling of these books — yet that still have a surprising amount of depth. Sure, you could compare these books to Twilight, but I felt as though they were unique in their own individual way.
6. This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales. As you might have noticed . . . this one has been on a few of my lists. I really loved it. A great contemporary — and from someone who doesn’t read all that much contemporary novels, that’s high praise.
7. Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion. Beautiful, thought-provoking writing, likeable characters — and overall, a great read.
8. The One by Keira Cass. A really satisfying conclusion to the trilogy. Loved it. (Also the cover is to die for.)
Those are my top ten books I’ve read this year so far . . . What are yours? Also — I am in the mood for some some super-amazing reads. Feel free to leave your recommendations below. Also, link me to your TTT below!