Hi, guys. Today, I’m splitting this post into two sections: Classic books I’ve read, and classic books I want to read. I won’t lie — I’m not particularly fond of classics. I find that their writing style is often long winded and boring, their storylines have no direction. (If you have any classic books I might like — please let me know in the comments below! Also, link your TTT for me below!)
Classics I’ve read:
1. Alice In Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. Ahhh, I love love love these books! One of my favourites.
2. The Dairy of Anne Frank by Anne Frank. I surprisingly liked this one — Anne Frank was a very sophisticated girl of her age, and was a very good writer. (I don’t know what/if anything was changed or edited between her actually diary and the published version.)
3. The Giver by Lois Lowry. Nope. Nope, nope, nope. This one just wasn’t for me. Bland writing, bland characters. I can’t see the massive appeal of this story.
4. Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare. Urgh. They called that “love”?
5. Lord of the Flies by William Golding. I love love love Lost, so naturally I had to read this one. I wish I hadn’t. I couldn’t even finish it, it was that bad.
6. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck. I had to read this one for school — and guess what? I didn’t hate it! (This might have to do with the fact that it was short, I don’t know.)
Classics I want to read:
7. Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card. I know this was fairly recently made into a film. I haven’t seen it, haven’t read the books, but I would like to.
8. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. Not sure it’s really my sort of book, but I would like to read it one day.
9. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. Usually this is studied in school (though not mine), and I’m honestly not sure if it’s something I’d like, but still, I would like to try it. You never know, hey?
10. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis. I’ve only watched the first movie when I was a lot younger (all I remember about the movie was a really annoying kid who liked Turkish Delight) and I’ve never read the books. I would like to read the books and rewatch the movies.