Hi guys! *waves* So I thought I would do one of these posts — you know, the whole getting-to-know-about-you posts. I realized, at two AM in the morning (that’s when the witerly magic happens, guys) that I haven’t done one of these things before. And I’ve also decided to split it into two weeks, because I thought fifty might be too much for one post.
So without further ado…
1. I’m home schooled!
(Yes, I do my school work in my PJs. I’m cool like that.)
2. I knew I wanted to be a writer since I was about six.
Well — I didn’t know exactly. But, in kindy, I remember writing my first ever short story for school, and thinking Wow, this is fun! (Or something along those lines.) Yet I never actually finished my first novel when I was twelve. (Started at eleven.)
(I know what you’re thinking: Where is this story, Kara? Can we read it? Answer: I think I have it somewhere. I’ll have to check.)
3. I think, quite possibly, I’m the most awkward person on the planet.
I suck in social situations, unless I know the people very very very very well. So that’s why I love the internet and blogging — I can delete, erase, rewrite things until I’m satisfied with it.
4. Favourite colour? Blue. Or red. Or purple. Does silver count?
Choosing one is just so hard…
5. I dislike any form of exercise.
There, I’ve said it: I’m lazy.
6. I suck at maths.
But you know, who needs to know it, anyway? THAT’S WHAT CALCULATORS ARE FOR, TEACHERS. Needless to say I dropped maths as soon as I could.
7. I am an insomniac.
Not a oh-look-it’s-taken-me-a-whole-hour-to-fall-asleep sort of insomniac. I’m a oh-look-the-sun-is-rising-already sort of insomniac. Luckily, as I’m home-schooled, my hours are less rigid.
8. I don’t watch many movies. BUT I LOVE TV SHOWS.
Game of Thrones, Psych, Sherlock, Modern Family, Supernatural, Pretty Little Liars, Lost — dang, the list could go on and on.
9. I’m a choco-holic.
That’s a word, right!? *reaches absently for anything chocolately*
I. Hate. Breakfast.
Scratch that. I hate mornings altogether. I’m a night-owl.
11. I could literally spend all day in a library.
But I’m guessing you already knew that one.
12. I am terrified of spiders. And heights. And germs. And impending exams.
You get the point.
13. Once upon a time, I never read anything contemporary.
it’s hardly my favourite genre, but I’m getting there. ;)
14. I’m not a fangirl when it comes to boybands/musical idols. But books . . .?
15. I have NO IDEA what I want to do after school.
NONE AT ALL AND IT’S SCARY.
16. I am a very, very sarcastic person. My older brother once told me I used sarcasm so often that he couldn’t tell whether I was being serious or not on some occasions. To which I replied, “Just assume that everything I say is sarcasm, and you’ll be fine.”
17. When I was quite young, we had two pet baby pigeons.
Well — not technically. Someone had left them on the street in a nappy box, so we took them in. I named mine Chirpy (which I stole from my bother, by the way), and he named his Uncle Feather. In hindsight, that was a much awesomer name. (Eventually when they were old enough they flew away. I was heartbroken.)
18. I express myself better in writing than speech.
This has to do with #3, I’d say.
19. I never, ever use brackets in my writing, but use them ALL THE TIME in blog posts.
I don’t even know why.
20. I’ve never worn jeans.
(Not including the times when I was a small kid and my Mum forced me into them.) I’m a skirt/dress kinda gal.
21. Ironically, I was never a girly-girl.
I think I played with dolls a couple of times? But then I have them all horrendous haircuts and got bored with them. HAH. Clearly I was not born to be a hairdresser.
22. Because I seem to really like irony, here’s another one: I own a lot of pink things.
I blame my mother.
23. I’ve always wanted to play the piano.
But my hands are freakishly small. So it ain’t gonna happen.
24. Speaking of music, I used to play the clarinet in years 5 — 7-ish.
I sucked at it. And I wasn’t passionate about it, and I was struggling to find the time (and motivation) to practice because I’d just entered high school, so I quit.
25. My favourite piece of punctuation? (It is weird that a teenage girl actually has a favourite piece of punctuation? …Probably.) The em dash!
This one right here: —
Phew! That was a long post! Stay turned for 25 more facts next week!