Hey, all! Here is the second part of the “get to know me” posts. Let me know what you think in the comments below! Read the first post here.
26. Once, I saw an echidna waddling across the road.
It was very adorable. And spiky. But cute, too. Fun fact: my computer did not recognize “echidna” to be a word. Pffft.
27. I have an anxiety disorder. (GAD.)
(Generalized Anxiety Disorder.) Some of you might already know this, I don’t know. But sometimes I feel as though anxiety isn’t as widely known — or understood — as something like depression. In my opinion it can be just as debilitating. Let me paint a picture for you: You know when you’re walking home from school, your school bag filled with heavy books? For me, anxiety it like that — except more of a mental weight rather than physical — that rests on my shoulders, usually for something really, really inconsequential. Like touching a doorknob a sick person might’ve touched. Or social events, where I don’t know people. Or talking to people on the phone (I can’t. It makes me so ridiculously anxious.) Or school. I had to leave “mainstream” school to be home-schooled because it caused me too much anxiety.
28. I LOVE gory/scary things.
Maybe I’m a little crazy? Maybe. In saying that, though, I HATE it when things jump out at me. I do not like being startled.
29. Favourite food? (Apart from chocolate.) Pasta!
Who doesn’t like pasta?
30. I’m so good at procrastinating things that I procrastinate procrastinating.
I’m just going to pretend that made sense.
31. I love fairytales! The weirder, the darker, the better!
32. I love spring/summer and I hate it.
I have a very complicated relationship with the warmer side of the year, it seems. I love going to the beach, and by this time of the year I’m kinda over the cold anyway, so it’s nice for things to warm up. BUT when it’s hot, I’m lazy. Very lazy.
33. I’ve never seen the adaptation of Eragon.
I’ve been told to stay far, far away from it, and thus far, I have. I won’t lie though: I am curious.
34. I never wear makeup.
What’s the point? I don’t want people to judge me by my looks; I want them to judge me by my personality. And besides, it looks like way too much effort.
35. I AM A VERY COMPETITIVE PERSON.
Not with everything, mind you, just with some things.
36. When I was in Year Three, I broke my leg. I had a cast from the top of my thigh to my toes. (I still have the cast somewhere… All my friends signed it.)
Story: It was the first day of Year Three, I was around eight-ish? I’m not entirely sure about my age, but I do remember walking away from the playground equipment when the recess bell rang, and someone — well — someone jumped on me. Yes, you read that correctly. It was an accident — I think what happened was that he jumped from the top of the equipment and right into me. The next thing I knew I was lying on the floor with a blazing pain in my lower right leg. Then I proceeded to spend the rest of the day at the hospital, getting my cast done, and being wheeled around everywhere. (Luckily, it was a spiral fracture and did not need to be set in place, so no operation required.)
Apart from the whole not being able to walk for six weeks (I think? I don’t quite remember) it wasn’t too bad. Though I think I still do walk with a very slight limp.
37. I strongly dislike going shopping for clothes. Books on the other hand…? Not so much. ;)
38. Never once, have I tried coffee!
I suspect this has something to do with my insomnia… I don’t want to make it worse.
39. For the first time in my life, I watched The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars this year. Never had I watched either of them before.
(In case you’re wondering, I loved both.)
(In case you’re also wondering, I did watch the spider scene in the third of the Rings movie. Just. I had my eyes half closed and flinched every ten seconds — but I made it! Huzzah!)
40. I have a weakness for spring rolls.
41. I have been overseas — but only once.
New Zealand, North Island.
42. My astrological sign? Pisces!
43. My favourite movie has to be Finding Nemo.
(Yes, I intentionally put that here as my astrological sign in Pisces — ie, a fish.)
Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim.
(I now have a very strong urge to rewatch this movie. I have also never been more excited for a sequel of something…)
44. I HATE the idea of fate.
Because really, it implies you don’t have choices.
45. I am not a leader. I am a follower. And that is okay.
46. I think about writing ALL THE TIME.
Literally, all the time.
47. I would love to do a vlog one day; but, I really have no idea what I’d talk about.
Also, as I’ve said, I’m not very eloquent at speaking. So. That poses a bit of an issue.
48. I went through a period where I LOVED candles.
As in, I’d have six or seven of them lit at the one time. FIRE IS SO PRETTY. (I’m not an arsonist. Promise.) They are also really fun to take photographs of, I think that’s what motivated me in the first place. I stopped when the weather started to turn warmer.
49. I’M GREEK.
Uh, but I can’t speak it. Oxi? (That’s the only word I know — pronounced OH-kee, meaning “no”.) Ironically, I HATE seafood… Apparently, Greeks love their seafood. But NOPE, NOPE, NOPE. Unless your fish tastes like chicken, I’m not eating it. Clearly I have embraced my culture…
50. Kookaburras like to frequent our washing line. And also poo on our clothes.
But let’s forget that second part.