It’s Sunday, so let me introduce you to yet another Monday gif!
Oh, so accurate. The HSC has been drawing closer and closer, and I’m doing okay, but I kind of just want it all to be over, you know? This week has been fairly uneventful — more school, writing, and procrastination.
Let’s take a closer look at what’s happened this week:
- I really wondered what on earth possessed me to take both Legal Studies and Ancient History. They’re both subjects that have a lot in them, and remembering everything is freakin’ hard.
- Yesterday was the last day to enter the international giveaway of Eren, and I’ll be drawing the winner randomly later on. If you entered, keep an eye on your email!
- I finished editing chapter two of The Empire of Stars. Now moving onto chapter three — and this is where things get sticky, as I’m changing a lot more than I first anticipated.
- I realized I really, really need to split the chapters in The Empire of Stars up more: chapter one 9049 words; chapter two is 12353 words. God knows how long the third chapter is going to be.
- I made a vow to GIVE UP SUGAR. Chocolate in particular. Can Kara do it? STAY TUNED TO FIND OUT. (Spoiler: probably not.)
- I have made it my goal to finish the second draft of The Empire of Stars by the end of October. (So I can compete it NaNoWriMo.) This is a very tenuous goal… I don’t think I’ll be able to complete it, but– DANG IT, I WILL DO IT. (Positive thinking works, yes?)
- Stacking the Shelves!
This is the meme where you can highlight books you’ve bought/borrowed/gifted/received for review. You can read more on the meme and how to get involved here!
Cooper Bartholomew is Dead by Rebecca James:
Thank you Eugenia and Allen & Unwin for this copy! (And yes, it came tied like this. How cute!!)
Won this book, and devoured it only a few hours. So well-written with engaging characters and thrilling storyline.
Here’s a quick recap of what happened on the blog this week:
- Monday — Book Review: Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas (5/5 stars — OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS BOOK.)
- Tuesday — Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books On My
FallSpring TBR List
- Wednesday — Writerly Post Wednesday: Beautiful People Link Up #4 (I introduce you to my villain from The Empire of Stars!)
- Thursday — Loony Blurbs (1) (Where I joined in Emily’s meme/link up of making book blurb from titles. SO MUCH FUN.)
- Friday — Friday Rambles: Fifty Things You Probably Don’t Know About Me (Part Two)
- Saturday — Book Review: Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch (5/5 stars –HIGH FANTASY? MAGIC? AWESOME PLOT? HELL YEAH.)
What can you expect from me next week?
- Book review of Every Ugly Word and Cooper Bartholomew is Dead
- Top Ten Tuesday
- Worldbuilding: Part One
- Friday Photography
- Reader/Writer Confessions
NOTE: Due to HSC, it’ll probably be taking me a lot longer to reply to comments/comment on your blogs. Just so you’re aware. :)