What’s happened this week?
- I have a new found love for bullet points! YAY.
- I’ve given up sugar! Well . . . not completely. Because, let’s face it, there is so much sugar in the food products we consume, and most of the time when we’re eating we’re not fully aware of the sugar content. Here’s what I’m not eating: Chocolate/lollies, sugary snacks (eg, muesli bars which aren’t that great for you), and so on. What I am eating: Fruit, milo (how could I ever give up my beloved milo? And besides, it does have some beneficial vitamins in it), and so on. So far this is my seventh day without anything overly sugary! Hooray!
- I’m going to end my sugar strike in time for Halloween. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO RESIST, THEN??
- I’ve started editing (mostly rewriting) chapter three of The Empire of Stars. My goal? Finish the novel before the end of October, where I plan on taking part in NaNoWriMo.
I’m pretty sure this goal is impossible but I’m going to try anyway.
- I’m looking for critique partners! Unfortunately due to my HSC I won’t be able to do much until the beginning of November-ish when my exams end, however I thought I would scout around to see if any of you are interested. You can contact me here. Preferably through e-mail!
- Again, I apologize if I’ve been absent on commenting on your amazing blogs/replying to comments — I haven’t forgotten about you all, I promise! Just busy.
- I went to an op-shop this week — and came back with these beauties. :) Plus, when I realized Sacrificed was released, I couldn’t help going down to Dymocks to snag a copy. (Already finished it — I’ll have a review on the blog soon!)
This is the meme where you can highlight books you’ve bought/borrowed/gifted/received for review. You can read more on the meme and how to get involved here!
The Alloy of Law by Brendan Sanderson:
Yes, I am aware that this is not the second in the series (I’ve only read the first.) However, it was $1 and it awesome condition, and considering I do want to read the rest of the series sometime, then I thought Why not? At least now I won’t have to wait around for it at the library when I get to it.
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green:
(I’ve already read this before.) Found it sitting neatly on the shelve for only $3, so how was I supposed to resist that? And I do really want to re-read this again. Because apparently I like to inflict emotional pain on myself. *sobs*
Sacrifice by Brigid Kemmerer:
The last and final book in the Elements series. It was… a bit underwhelming, but overall, I really enjoyed it! Such a great (and underrated!) series that I would recommend to everyone.
This week on the blog:
Monday — Book Review: Every Ugly Word by Amiee L. Salter (3/5 stars)
Wednesday — Worldbuilding: Part One (Introduction) — The first in my worldbuilding series
Thursday — Book Review: Cooper Bartholomew is Dead by Rebecca James (3/5 stars)
Friday — Friday Photography (2) (The second post in my photography series. Let me know what you think!)
Saturday — DNF’ing books (Do you do it? Why/why not?)
What can you expect from me next week?
- Book review of Sacrifice (Brigid Kemmerer) and Fire (Kristin Cashore)
- Top Ten Tuesday
- Worldbuilding: Part two (Geography/terrain)
- Friday Rambles
- Reader/Writer Confessions