This week’s theme is “Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2014” so without further ado, I present to you a list of ten authors that, before this year, I’ve never read.
1. Abigail Haas. (Dangerous Girls; Dangerous Boys.)
If you’ve been on my blog before . . . then, well, you know my thoughts about Dangerous Girls. :O
2. Sara Raasch. (Snow Like Ashes.)
A 2014 debut author; Snow Like Ashes was one of my favourite fantasy books I’ve read this year.
3. Patrick Ness. (The Knife of Never Letting Go; More Than This.)
I’m yet to read The Knife of Never Letting Go, but More Than This was a pleasant surprise. I loved it.
4. Ellie Marney. (Every Breath; Every Word; Every Move.)
Aussie author? Check! Loosely based on Sherlock? Check! Amazing storylines? Check!
5. Gillian Flynn. (Gone Girl; Dark Places; Sharp Objects.)
A dark, dark read, but I loved Gone Girl. I really want to read the rest of the author’s works.
6. George R.R. Martin. (A Song of Ice and Fire.)
Love this series! Even though the author has been writing for many, many years, he was new to me this year.
7. Stephen King. (Carrie; Under the Dome.)
Can you believe that I’d never read a Stephen King book before this year?
8. Diana Gabaldon. (Cross Stitch/Outlander.)
I had little to none expectations for this one, but ended up enjoying it immensely.
9. Kasie West. (Pivot Point; Split Second; The Distance Between Us.)
Definitely one of my favourite authors that I’ve read this year. Kasie West’s writing is just so addictive!
10. E. Lockhart. (We Were Liars.)
I was one of those people who wasn’t really gobsmacked by the ending, but I did enjoy We Were Liars.