DEBUT NOVELS. OH, HOW I LOVE THEM. Today I’ve chosen a mixture of YA and MG. :) Seriously, I had a really, really, really, really hard time narrowing them down into my Top Ten . . . because, let’s face it — there are so many amazing-looking debut authors releasing this year and I want them all. These are just a handful.
1. 5 to 1 by Holly Bodger.
How good does this one look!? Such a promising concept.
2. Court of Fives by Kate Elliott.
Again, another concept filled with so much promise. I can’t wait until its release.
3. Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley.
Neil Gaiman’s Stardust meets John Green’s The Fault in Our Stars. <— THAT IS ALL.
4. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard.
Sooo much hype around this one! I’m super excited for it.
5. The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey.
Described as Daughter of Smoke and Bone meets The Mortal Instruments. I NEED THIS ONE.
6. The Conspiracy of Us by Maggie Hall.
I’ve heard so many fantastic things about this one!
7. An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir.
That amazing cover. Need I say anything more? (Plus, it’s fantasy. That doesn’t hurt.)
8. My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga.
Really looking forward to this contemp. debut.
9. The Sin Eater’s Daughter by Melinda Salisbury.
10. Written in the Stars by Aisha Saeed.
a) Looks super diverse b) gorgeous cover and c) I haven’t heard much about this one, meaning I need to give it a bit of love. :)