So first off I feel the need to discuss the “demonic seagull” part of the heading. You know in Supernatural, whenever a person is possessed by a demon, their eyes go pure black?
Well . . .
HMM. Anyone got any spare holy water lying around?
Things, aside from demonic seagulls, that happened this week: (Really, not much. Hence the short-ish post.)
- We are now a couple of weeks into 2015. So, so far, my resolutions are actually going okay. Wonder how much longer that will last?
- I attempt not to melt in the sweltering Australia heat. So far, I’m still intact, but summer isn’t over next.
- I’m now considering moving to Antarctica with the penguins.
- It’s been really hot.
- Like, really really hot.
- I’ve spent an abnormal amount of time at the shops, purely for their air conditioning. (And to looks at books (duh) — but I didn’t buy anything!)
- Books read this week: Illusions of Fate by Kirsten White; Anatomy of a Misfit by Andrea Portes; Curtsies & Conspiracies by Gail Carriger; Haven by Kristi Cook; Perfect Ruin by Laren DeStefano; Solitaire by Alice Oseman (awesome pop-culture references YAY); and The Falconer by Elizabeth May (oh my gosh guys this book was awesome.)
- If you missed it last week… I joined Tumblr, and have been happily addicted ever since. If you’re interested you can follow me here.
- I . . . borrowed
somea lot of books.
This is the meme where you can highlight books you’ve bought/borrowed/gifted/received for review. You can read more on the meme and how to get involved here!
- Geek Girl: Model Misfit by Holly Smale.
- Half-Breed by Jennifer L. Armentrout.
- Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer.
- Days of Blood and Startlight by Laini Taylor. (FINALLY time to read this. And oh, this edition is beautiful.)
- Unmarked by Kami Garcia.
- The Selection Stories by Kiera Cass.
- Being Henry David by Cal Armistead.
- Six Months Later by Natalie D. Richards.
- The Ghosts of Heaven by Marcus Sedgwick.
- What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick
On the blog this week:
Monday: No post!
Wednesday: No post!
Friday: Friday Photography (7)
Saturday: No post!