Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
1. MY MASSIVE TBR PILE.
Too many books, too little time. Sigh.
2. Once I start a good book I don’t stop.
Unless I absolutely have to. But I’m a read-a-three-hundred-page-book-in-one-sitting kinda booknerd.
3. I always want more books . . . even if my TBR pile is already massive.
I can’t help it!
4. I request ALL THE BOOKS from Netgalley / Edelweiss.
I mean, there are just so many fantastic titles available for review, and I want them all, like the greedy little booknerd I am.
5. Reading a book that was SO GOOD . . . and then not wanting to finish it.
You know when books are so good that you simultaneously can’t stop reading it—but you don’t want it to end.
6. Having to wait a year until the next book in the series.
Which, as a writer—I totally get. It takes ages to revise, edit, and polish a novel, let alone all the marketing and other publishing-related things that come with it. But my inner booknerd cries at the thought of waiting another year for the next book in that series.
I love you, but I hate you. It’s complicated.
8. Always always always losing my bookmarks.
Seriously. This happens all the time. Every time someone gives me a new, pretty bookmark I am secretly terrified that I’m going to lose it.
9. Cracked spines, bent pages, and other things that make me cringe.
I am very particular.
10. Those terrible, terrible book adaptations.
You guys probably know by now that I do love, love, love it when books are adapted into movies. But those times when they get it all wrong? NOPE.