Note: If this post takes awhile for you to load, hang in there! It contains lots of pictures. :)
- I left the interwebs for a few days to travel further down south with my family, which was a) a nice beak from everything, b) a great opportunity to take pictures, and c) a good time for some nice, quiet reading time.
- I discovered that the South Coast was pretty much the land of Kangaroo Shit and Pretty Beaches. No, really.
- Literally everywhere you looked, there was a kangaroo. Or something not-so-pleasant that it had left over. After awhile though you just conceded into the fact that you were, at least once, going to step into something you’d rather not.
- Adorable, huh? They were freakishly tame, too — you could go right up to them and they’d hardly blink an eye. (Not that I got too close; I didn’t fancy getting into a boxing match with one of them.)
- There was also a surprising amount of other wildlife at the place we stayed, including parakeets. Like this cute little fella. This one wasn’t camera-shy at aaaaaaaaaaalll. (Honestly I think he was pandering for some food.)
- But, back to the beaches, here were some of my favourite snaps:
- And then there was this GORGEOUS blue-water white-sand beach. SERIOUSLY, LOOK AT IT!
- And this was what the lake looked like at the place we stayed; it didn’t always look like this, but when the tide went in (or out — I can’t remember which, now) it was so clear you could literally SEE the fish swimming about.
- But — back to more bookish things, I’ve finally started reading The Raven Boys. As I’m writing this post I’m only 100 pages or so in, but am enjoying it. I haven’t yet read that Oh-my-god-this-is-why-everyone-raves-about-it point yet… but I hope I’ll get there.
- Books read this week: School Spirits by Rachel Hawkins; Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas; Shimmer by Paula Weston; Exquisite Captive by Heather Demetrios; The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead; After by Anna Todd.
- Currently reading: The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater.
What happened this week on the blog?
- Monday: Discussion — Do Negative Reviews Impact Your Decision to Read a Book?
- Tuesday: Book Review! Disruption / Corruption by Jessica Shirvington (YA needs more duologies, people!)
- Wednesday: No post!
- Thursday: No post!
- Friday: Friday Photography (11)
- Saturday: Stacking the Shelves (33)
First week of March — and I’m already seeing some brown-edged leaves. How has your week been?