- Autumn is slowly, slowly arriving here, so within the next few weeks you’ll see a autumn leaf-inspired Friday Photography.
- Books read this week: The Here and Now by Ann Brashares; Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard; What the Spell by Brittany Geragotelis; Renegade by J.A. Souders; Monstrous Affections edited by Kelly Link; The Ice Dragon
by George R.R. Martin; The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes.
- I just need to spend a moment outlining the awesoneness that was The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly. Guys. I cannot recommend this book enough. I’ll review it closer to the release date — but god, it was so. Good. Haven’t heard of it? Check it out here. I devoured this book in only a couple of days.
- I completely binge-watched the first half of Daredevil. A Marvel / Netflix production, I absolutely love it so far. Usually vigilante storylines don’t appeal to me. But I LOVE THIS.
- I also watched the first episode of season 5 of Game of Thrones and am debating whether to watch anymore. I adore the show but am terrified it’s going to spoil something for the books! (WELL. That’ll be a first.)
- And . . . like the title suggests, there was a lot of books involved this week.
This is the meme where you can highlight books you’ve bought/borrowed/gifted/received for review. You can read more on the meme and how to get involved here!
- The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes
- A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford
- The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
- Stolen by Melissa de la Cruz and Michael Johnston
- Crimson Frost by Jennifer Estep
- The Pirate’s Wish by Cassandra Rose
- Autumn Roseby Abigail Gibbs
- Sbariel by Garth Nix
In other news . . .
Another ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer was released . . . and I kinda love it. What do you think? Will you go watch it?
First ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’ trailer was released and I have to confess I’m not a fan of it. Now, if it were Semi-Colon v Em Dash, then I’d totally go see it. (But REALLY. Shouldn’t they be . . . I don’t know, saving the world together?? Not against each other?? Someone please explain.)
On the Blog . . .
On TUESDAY I shared my favourite quotes from books. Which, let’s be honest, mainly consisted of Harry Potter and A Song of Ice and Fire. WEDNESDAY I blogged about ways to motivate yourself as a writer — which doesn’t even have to apply to only writers. Anything, really. And on FRIDAY I shared some more of my photography.