- Murphy’s Law: Anything that could go wrong will go wrong. Or, as I found: “The moment you look away from the sky, a shooting star will appear.” — Murphy’s Law. (Not sure if there’s someone in particular who said this? Let me know.) I’m the sort of photographer that will usually bring her camera most place. But the one, one, one time that I don’t, I happen to stumble across three peacocks wandering around. And of course, as I didn’t bring my camera, no pictures. Sigh.
- Books read this week: Waistcoats & Weaponry by Gail Carriger, Winterkill by Kate A. Boorman, and The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black. Okay… so maybe a little bit less than I usually read. But the best read this week was The Darkest Part of the Forest — I LOVED IT.
- Currently reading: Breaking the Rules by Katie McGarry.
- There has been a lot of stormy/rainy area here where I like; and, in some places, have been quite damaging. (All it causes here were a few ruffled trees.)
This is the meme where you can highlight books you’ve bought/borrowed/gifted/received for review. You can read more on the meme and how to get involved here!
- The Maze Runner [Film]
- Frostfire by Amanda Hocking
- Breaking the Rules by Katie McGarry
- I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson (heard so many great things from this one!)
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
- Those Above by Daniel Polansky
- Fairest by Marissa Meyer
- For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
- Silver by Talia Vance
On the Blog . . .
Not much going on here on the blog this week. But on WEDNESDAY I talked about Heroes & Villains… and found myself talking more about the villains side of things. Keep an eye out, because there will be a follow-up post next week! On FRIDAY there was another edition of Friday Photography, where I posted some of my favourite autumn-related photos I’ve taken. Hopefully there will be more in the coming weeks!