- THIS HAPPENED THIS WEEK. (Actually. Now I’m on 105 books. GIVE ME MOAAAAR.)
- Books read this week: Breaking the Rules by Katie McGarry | Ensnared by A. G. Howard (I know a lot of people were a bit iffy about that ending — and even I thought it was a little… easy? But still I adore this book.) | Autumn Rose by Abigail Gibbs | Talon by Julie Kagawa (reviewing this on Monday — dragons, YAAAY!) | The Spook’s Apprentice by Joseph Delaney | Stolen by Melissa de la Cruz & Michael Johnston | The Pirate’s Wish by Cassandra Rose Clark | A Small Madness by Dianne Touchell |
- Currently reading: Stolen Songbird by Danielle Jensen (enjoying this so far — but I thought trolls were supposed to be, I don’t know, all troll-like?)
- This week I tried — and failed — to watch Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D again. I just… cannot get into this show. It’s not my thing, whereas heaps of people seem to like it. Have you watched it — what do you think?
- I also watched The Maze Runner this week! And you know what? I liked it! I wasn’t the biggest fan of the book, but I thought it was a pretty good adaptation. (AND OKAY. So maybe I do have a soft-spot for Dylan O’Brien. So that helped.)
- I hit 80 followers on Bloglovin’. Small milestones, people. Small milestones.
This is the meme where you can highlight books you’ve bought/borrowed/gifted/received for review. You can read more on the meme and how to get involved here!
WON / BORROWED
- A Small Madness by Dianne Touchell
- Weightless by Sarah Bannan (thanks to Kelly & Bloomsbury for this one!)
- Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson (heard heaaaaaps of good stuff from this!)
- Avery by Charlotte McConaghy
- Written in Red by Anne Bishop
On the Blog . . .
MONDAY was all about fairytales and folklore — AKA The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black. (spoiler: I loved this one.) WEDNESDAY I talked about villains and heroes (again!) and highlighted specific types. Luckily, I lugged my camera around with me all week and came across those peacocks again, and posted some photos on FRIDAY. And lastly, yesterday, SATURDAY, I confessed I’m not giving star-ratings with my reviews anymore… and I tell you why. Tell me what you think!