- OOOKAY. This is more of a multi week wrap up as I haven’t done one of these in a couple of weeks. So in other words, be prepared for a loooooooooot of books.
- Books read since last weekly wrap up: Beautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuire | I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson | After Ever Happy by Anna Todd (still trying to figure out that title) | The Heir by Kiera Cass | The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen | The Magicians by Lev Grossman | Frostfire by Amanda Hocking | Fish out of Water by Natalie Whipple | Crimson Frost by Jennifer Estep |
- Favourite read since last post? The Heir, definitely.
- In case you’re wondering: I HAVEN’T forgotten about my Friday Photography. Hopefully I’ll have something new to share — given that I take some photographs I actually like. ^_^
- BEA was this week. AKA, for us, the people who don’t live in the US or didn’t go, The Week of Stalking People’s Blogs and Twitter for Pretty Book Photos.
- I’ve been hearing SUCH great things about The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh from multiple people. Anyone here read it? Should I?
- I started watching the show Bones.You know, the one that has been running for years and years, and I’ve only just discovered it now? That one. It’s morbidly fascinating and I love it.
- In non book-related news, I tried chocolate vegemite. My advice, if you get the chance? Don’t. Just don’t.
This is the meme where you can highlight books you’ve bought/borrowed/gifted/received for review. You can read more on the meme and how to get involved here!
- A Cold Legacy by Megan Shepherd
- Fish out of Water by Natalie Whipple (Won — thank you, Cait!)
- The Magician King by Lev Grossman
- The Bone Season / The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon
- The Naturals: Killer Instinct by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
- Simon Vs. the Homo sapien Agenda by Becky Albertalli
- Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
- Every Move by Ellie Marney
On the Blog . . .
A few weeks ago on MONDAY I asked you: how often do you blog? and received quite varying answers. Then that WEDNESDAY I delved into the idea of translating books, and pondered how different they are from the original material. Last TUESDAY I shared my top ten books I would be reading this winter, with a couple of winter-themed books that turned out to be completely coincidental. And on WEDNESDAY I reviewed The Heir by Kiera Cass and swooned over that cover.