Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
So here’s the thing: I’ve read 150 books this year, and although I am a tough, tough, tough person when it comes to books, I had a hard time whittling this post down to only ten. Honorable mentions go to All the Bright Places, The Heir, The Retribution of Mara Dyer. But alas, ten was way, waaaaay to little.
1. The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh.
My most recent favorite — LOVELY writing, addictive story.
2. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard.
A mix of fantasy and dystopia, I ADORED Red Queen.
3. The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black.
Magic! Fey! Lyrical writing!
4. The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes.
5. Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard.
Oh gawsh, can someone give me the next book, like right now!? I need to binge-read the rest of the series ASAP.
6. Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor.
… I cannot express my love for Laini Taylor enough.
7. Dangerous Boys by Abigail Haas.
Okay, so I didn’t love this as much as Dangerous Girls — but both were spectacular.
8. The Falconer by Elizabeth May.
I don’t usually like steampunk, but this one stole my heart.
9. Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas.
10. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkein.
Lesson learned from this: don’t anger ancient dragons.