Thank you Emily @ Loony Literate for tagging me!
1. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A BLOGGER?
A few years now, and I love it.
2. AT WHAT POINT DO YOU THINK YOU’LL STOP BLOGGING?
NEVERRRRR. That’s totally an acceptable answer, right?? In all honesty, I don’t know IF I’d ever stop blogging, you know? I can be infrequent, sure, and sometimes it’s just nice to take a break from it, but STOP blogging? NOPE, NOPE.
3. WHAT IS THE BEST THING ABOUT BLOGGING?
- Comments! I LOVE to know what people think about my posts, or books, or discussions.
- Actually writing the post. I love writing. Any sort of writing. But especially bookish writing — where I get to talk about the things I love. And, okay, so perhaps sometimes it can be frustrating — challenging, even — but it’s so, so rewarding.
- The amazing blogosphere. Seriously! The bookish community is one of the best collection of people out there. Supportive, kind, and just all round GREAT.
4. WHAT IS THE WORST THING? WHAT DO YOU DO TO MAKE IT OKAY?
The worst thing about blogging? When you feel burnt out. When you know what you want to write… but you just can’t for whatever reason. Generally when that happens — I take a break. Chill out. Read and write something else, watch a show or movie, and I wait until I can write the post properly.
5. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE YOU TO CREATE/FIND PICTURES TO USE?
A LONG TIME. I’m a perfectionist. And I also take all of my own photographs that I use on my blog, and make my own graphics. I would literally take about fifty photos of the one book, and then maybe choose three or four out of that. But, at the end of the day, I adore photography, so for me, it’s worth it.
6. WHO IS YOUR BOOK CRUSH?
WHERE DO I BEGIN? I’m totally a Warner girl. Or, you know, I totally wouldn’t say no to the Darkling or Chaol Westfall either. I won’t be picky.
7. WHAT AUTHOR WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE ON YOUR BLOG?
ALL OF THEM. But… if you keep you eyes peeled on my blog on the 12th of September, there may be a post from Samantha Shannon…
8. WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN YOU WRITE YOUR BLOG POSTS?
Pyjamas. I’m all class, guys. All class.
9. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE YOU TO PREPARE?
For my blog posts?
Or are you referring to my satanic rituals? Really, it just depends. Sometimes I can bang out a blog posts in half an hour, and miraculously find pictures I like to go along with it… and, sometimes, it takes me literally HOURS. So yeah. Just depends.
10. HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE BOOK BLOGGER COMMUNITY?
Bursting with pride/joy/love. You guys are amazing.
11. WHAT DO YOU THINK ONE SHOULD DO TO GET A SUCCESSFUL BLOG?
WELL. I wouldn’t consider myself to be very “popular”, so I’m not sure I’m exactly qualified to answer this question, but… Be yourself! Oh that was dreadfully cliche, wasn’t it? BUT ALSO VERY TRUE. Don’t be someone you’re not. Be who you are, and be proud of that.
Wherein I tag . . .