Warning: this post will contain MASSIVE amounts of excessive exclamation marks and capital letters.
Guys, I am thrilled to announce that my YA mystery/thriller will be published by Sourcebooks!!
So back in 2012, November, I ventured out of my Fantasy-shaped cave and wrote a mystery/thriller novel. I wrote it in 14 days. And I will shameless admit to you, the whole world, that it was terrible. Like, god-awful. (It’s a lot better now, I promise.) Then, after I rewrote the story entirely, I uploaded it to my Wattpad account, and entered it into the Wattys 2013, where it was chosen by the Sourcebooks team for editorial feedback and possible publication.
A little while later, I was offered a contract, and honestly, I couldn’t think of better people to publish my novel!
A MASSIVE shoutout to everyone on Wattpad, and to those asking whether the novel would be published… you now have an answer!!
A FEW POINTS:
- If you noticed in the tags, yes, there’s been a title change!! The Sweetest Sorrows of Ava Hale was waaaaay too similar to another YA book out there, and the wonderful people at Sourcebooks came up with Frayed. And, okay, I’ll confess, I wasn’t 100% sold on it when I first heard it — but the more I think about it, the more I realize just how damn PERFECT it is for the novel. So right now, I’m absolutely in love with the title.
- It’ll be out June 2016! (Which is scary close when you think about it.)
- There aren’t any Goodreads/Amazon, etc. links yet, but as soon as I do have them, you will, too.
- I’VE SEEN A COVER CONCEPT. And it. Is. Beautiful. I can’t wait to share it with you.
- As of now, Frayed will be available in the US only, but maybe, fingers crossed, hopefully, it’ll find a home in Australia.