So. I’m trying something new! Ever since I began cutting down on my Sunday Weekly Wrap Ups — because, let’s face it, my life isn’t that interesting* — I thought I would do monthly recaps to hopefully fill in the gaps. August, too, was the month of Converting My Friend Into the Supernatural Fandom*.
*In saying that, however, I can affirm that the cookie shown above was DELICIOUS.
*She’s now probably almost done with season two. I believe I was successful.
WHAT I READ THIS MONTH:
- I passed my 200 books reading challenge — which, fyi, is the MOST I’ve ever read in a year.
- I DEVOURED The Young Elites by Marie Lu, and I think I can easily say it was my favourite read of August (along with A Darker Shade of Magic). So if you haven’t read them, I recommend you do so ASAP. And then come lament with me over the fact that we have to wait forever for A Gathering of Shadows. The Accident Season, A Thousand Pieces of You, Rook,and Abhorsen were also some BRILLIANT reads.
- Overall — twenty-five books read.
WHAT HAPPENS IN SEPTEMBER:
- I’ll be heading off to the UK for four-ish weeks, so there won’t be many blog posts coming from me, aside from the ones that I’ve managed to schedule.
- When it gets to the later half of September/October, expect LOTS of UK posts*.
- I’m part of Samantha Shannon/Bloomsbury’s Australian blog tour for the paperback release of The Mime Order. If you haven’t read these books, THEN GET ON IT. I adore them to bits.
- I’ll have less and less time to comment on your beautiful blogs, so I’ll do as much as I can beforehand.
- Not only is it September, but it’s spring. Which means flowers (and pleeeenty of photography) and allergies… which is decidedly less fantastic if you ask me. But in all seriousness: WHERE HAS THE YEAR GONE!? I swear I was waking up yesterday, and it was June.
* Like seriously. Lots. You’ll be drowning in UK pictures.
WHAT I WROTE THIS MONTH:
My third round of Frayed edits were sent in during August (PANICPANICPANIC), and so, to keep myself distracted, I’ve begun working on a Upper YA Sci Fi novel which, so far, is SO fun to write. To describe the novel in a somewhat succinct way, think: White Collar meets Leverage meets Star Wars. So. Much. Fun.
In other words: planets, and thieves, and intergalactic wars, and heists.
I have a GAZILLION other ideas rattling around in my head too, which, hopefully, I’ll get a chance to write soon.
This is the meme where you can highlight books you’ve bought/borrowed/gifted/received for review. You can read more on the meme and how to get involved here!
I went on a mild book-buying spree this month. Don’t judge. It’s over 20 hours from here to London, and I need SOMETHING to do on the flight. Also something to forget that, you know, I’ll be on a giant metal coffin with WINGS.
- The Silmarillion by J. R.R. Tolkien (Finally, finally have my own copy)
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
- Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas (CUE FANGIRLING)
- The 100: Homecoming by Kass Morgan
- Under a Painted Sky by Stacey Lee